background

Saturday, July 26, 2008

New York City here we come!!!

And the countdown is on!! In just over a month, 34 days to be exact, we are heading to NYC for Labor Day weekend with our good friends the Magees! We are so excited! We are leaving on Friday early am & should arrive in the city by noon. We have reservations at Peter Luger Steakhouse for Saturday night & on Sunday night we are going to the US Open!! I am thrilled to be going back this year! Eric & I had a wonderful time last year! Such an amazing experience! I am praying now that we will get to see some of my favorites play during our evening there! Venus or Serena Williams, James Blake, Maria Sharapova, Andy Roddick, Rafael Nadal, Roger Federer.... Any of those would I would be excited about!!!

Tara & Jeremy have never been to NYC so they are really looking forward to the trip as well! We are hoping to catch a broadway show & of course visit all the famous sites. This is my 5th trip to NYC & it never gets old! I love this city! Years ago as a child I visited NYC & I climbed to the top of the Statue of Liberty. That is no longer allowed but I am hoping we have a chance to take the ferry over to the Statue again this year.

Well, I will leave you with a few pics from the Wilkerson's trip to NYC in 2007! Just looking at them gets me excited for this years trip!!!


US OPEN


US OPEN


5th Avenue!

Wall Street


Times Square


NY Stock Exchange
Rockafeller Center

Times Square


Central Park


Have a great weekend!
Love,

Emery







4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Look's like I need to find a job in insurance so I can take my family to the Big Apple!!!! LOL Have fun in NY

Peter

Jennifer said...

BTW.....nice soundtrack. I left the blog up for 30 minutes just for the tunes

Peter

Carrie said...

Glad you're blogging!! Good to see Lady A on your playlist. Hillary (the lady of Lady A) is my husband's cousin!! We were just at her house in Nashville!

Warren said...

Emery,

This is Warren Guerriero. I got this blog from Jennifer and Peter's page. I am so glad to see that you are happily married and enjoying life so much. You deserve it. It goes by so fast, so enjoy every minute of it. Can you believe it has been 12 years since Mark coached yall in basketball? Wow! Take Care.

Warren