background

Thursday, March 26, 2009

I've been reprimanded...

Well I'm back.. Sorry for staying away for so long!! I've been reprimanded by several friends because I haven't updated in several weeks!
Alot has been going on, yet nothing that I have documented with pictures!

I'll start with a pregnancy update! Things are going really well! I am 24 weeks & 1 day! I am right in the middle of appointments- I went 2 weeks ago & go back 2 weeks from today. I'll have to do the sugar test at the next appointment... Oh how I pray that I pass! I learned that my Mom had gestational diabetes when she was pregnant with me, so I pray that it is not 100% hereditary! At my last appointment everything was looking good with the baby! Heartbeat strong at 151 bpm. I've been feeling him moving around alot, although some days more than others. I did start experiencing Braxton Hicks contractions... The first one scared me, mainly because it took me by surprise!! I was sitting at my desk at work & all of a sudden my stomach tensed up & got really hard & tight! I jumped up pretty quickly trying to make it go away! haha!
We still have not decided 100% on a name! I sure am ready to, though!

The next biggest thing going on in our life at the moment is the new house! We finally moved in!! This has been our first week there... We moved in over last weekend & stayed for the first time last Sunday night. We are still trying to get everything unpacked & in a "home," but really I think we've made lots of progress for a week. I promise to post some pictures soon. If you drive by, you wouldn't know we were in, because the "yard" still looks awful!! Dirt everywhere! Hopefully we can at least get it spread out nice & evenly so it is not such a bad eye sore!
It is so nice to have lots of space! Although we absolutely loved our other house, it was overflowing with stuff! Yes, I admit it... We have alot of "stuff" for two people! Eric made the comment the other night when we were trying to get organized that he didn't know where to put anything now that we actually had room!! Before, we just had to stuff things wherever they would fit!
I haven't done any cooking this week since we've been in, but I cannot wait. I LOVE my kitchen! It is probably my favorite thing in the house! Well, actually, having a laundry room INSIDE is tops on my list right now! Since our other house was an older home, the laundry room was off of the garage! I hated doing laundry & refused to do it at night, especially when Eric was out of town. I'm very much a scardy (sp?) cat!

Oh! I have some exciting news! Our good friends, Heather & Jarod Patterson, had their precious baby boy on Tuesday evening!!! Robert Tucker Patterson. I am going to the hospital to visit tonight & I cannot wait to lay my eyes on him!! The pictures I've seen show a beautiful baby boy! This deserves a post of its own so as soon as I have some more pictures to share, I will do so! :-)

Well surely that is enough to get me by for the time being... MEG! Is that sufficient for the time being?! haha!

I'll be back soon with some pictures!

Have a great Friday eve!!

4 comments:

lindsey said...

Hi Emery!!

I do remember meeting you...thank you so much for your sweet comment!

So many things I want to say after reading some of your posts, ha:

Braxton Hicks?! That would startle me so much as well! I'm curious to know what that feels like, but I guess I don't really want to find out, ha.

I haven't been sick at all either! Isn't that just such a blessing?! I sometimes almost wanted to feel guilty, ha, but I know, like you said, that I just need to enjoy.

Your house is BEAUTIFUL!!! I love everything, and I know y'all are excited to get in!

I'm glad we get to keep in touch this way, and I'm thrilled for you guys and your precious little boy! It's fun that our due dates are so close, and who knows, maybe we'll wind up in Ruston someday and he and Anniston will be best buddies!

Leslie Caraway said...

Emery,

Congratulations! You will be a wonderful Mom. I am going to have to add you to my blog list, so you can keep me posted on Baby Wilkerson.

Good luck with the sugar test. Make sure you pack a granola bar or something to eat after your get your blood drawn. I passed out because I had not eaten anything in over 24 hours. However, I still passed the test.
Oh... the joys of being pregnant...

Take care,
Leslie

melanie, aka Mo said...

wow! Congratulations on the little man! Guess you won't be needing my girls' hand me downs! Such an exciting time for you. SO many good things coming your way! Melanie

Meg Moore said...

YAY!!! I'm just now seeing your update!! I LOVE the house and cannot wait to come see it! Lindsey will be in town around april 24ish when we are too, so we will have to all come take the tour! thanks for the updated blog :) i dont feel so far away with updates...