I had my every two week dr's appt this past Wednesday.. I had been to the beach with friends the weekend before & was feeling totally normal- didn't expect anything abnormal from my visit with the dr.. I went through the normal routine when they called me back- weight, blood pressure, etc... My blood pressure was a little high, but it has been a little high the entire time.. Dr. LeBleu hasn't been to concerned b/c I've told her I get anxious before appts & she hasn't seen a spike in it.. It has been pretty consistent. The nurse puts me in a room & when Dr LeBleu comes in she tells me that I have protein in my urine which is a sign of preclamsia. (toxemia) Oh great... She tells me that I will have to do a 24 hr urine sample & if my protein levels are over a certain amount, that means I have it & I will be put on bed rest. She also said it would be likely that I would deliver Hudson early b/c of the blood pressure. I asked if there was any medication I could take & she said no, bedrest was the only option. I also told her that my Mom had toxemia with me & she just kind of said hmmm.. Genetics does play a role, so it would be likely that I will have it if my mom did. So, Thursday am to Friday am I had to do the 24 hr urine sample.. Talk about humbling! haha! Thankfully my co-workers were all in the know & didn't make too much fun of me! lol! Dr LeBleu told me to go back to St Francis on Friday am & they would draw blood etc.. She said I could expect to hear from her on Friday with the results.. So off to Monroe I went Friday morning... As I was leaving the lab I asked them when the results would be ready- they said 24 hrs... Well of course that means today- Saturday... I call Dr LeBleu's nurse & ask her about it & she said they normally have the results back the same day & she would remind Dr LeBleu to check on it. She said I should hear from her on Fri or Sat.. I try to let it escape my mind all the time thinking- I might not be at work on Monday?!? Crazy feeling! Needless to say by 6 last night I still had not heard anything... All of family & close friends had been calling me all day to see if I'd heard anything.. We are blessed with a large group of people who love us! :-) I had resigned myself to knowing it would be Saturday before I heard anything, and possibly even Monday... Well at about 9:15pm my phone rang & it was Dr LeBleu! She was calling to tell me the tests were fine & at this point I do not have preclamsia! Praise God! I was so relieved! She did tell me that we would monitor it pretty close & that I would probably have to repeat the 24 hr test again in a couple of weeks.. She also suggested that I take my blood pressure at home occasionally to make sure it was okay & also told me some signs to look for- headaches, blurred vision, etc.. So anyway, for now, things are good! Please pray that my blood pressure will stay under control & that we can continue to sail through!
2 comments:
So glad for the results. You will be in my prayers. Hope you are still feeling OK and enjoying the new house!
I will definitely be praying that your blood pressure remains normal and that you will stay perfectly healthy and feeling great for the rest of your pregnancy! You will be just fine!
Post a Comment