background

Saturday, December 26, 2009

An amazing few days!!

Christmas with children really is a special time!!! Even though Hudson is obviously not old enough to know what is going on, having a baby around adds another dimension to Christmas time... What a blessing Hudson has been in our lives for almost 6 months! He brings an unexplainable joy to our household! We have had a full few days & I wouldn't have it any other way! We've spent lots of time with our families & definitely eaten way too much!! On Christmas Eve my Dad grilled steaks & we all enjoyed a low key evening just visiting. Christmas morning began with my parents & my brother at our house! We've always been at my parents house on Christmas morning but I wanted to begin the new tradition of having it at our home with Hudson.. My entire life I woke up to Santa at my house so I naturally want Hudson to experience the same. We all opened gifts & checked out what Santa brought for Hudson!! Later in the morning Eric's Mom & our best family friends Jo & Bodie Woods joined us for Christmas breakfast! It was great! We had my Mom's famous biscuits, Gavin made "Texas" cheese grits, and I made sausage cheese balls, white sausage gravy & fried up some bacon. It was quite a spread for brunch!!
New highchair from Santa- aka YaYa & Papa
Christmas Pajamas!
My 2 loves!
Our family having Christmas breakfast! Pardon the no makeup!!

Hudson playing with his Papa & YaYa
Hudson loved his sock monkey from Uncle Gavin!Hudson & his Nana
Have I mentioned we are now sitting up?!?! That is blog worthy enough!!!

Christmas Brunch at our new dining room table!Align Center
Playing with new toys!

Typically we have Christmas Dinner at Jo & Bodie's, but this year we headed over to their house for a relaxing evening with our family & their entire family & planned the official Christmas Dinner for the day after Christmas!! Lots of fun with 4 other little boys running around!!! Uncle Gavin had a Christmas outfit made for Hudson & he looked oh so precious in his little red plaid! :-)


So once again we geared up for more Christmas get togethers today, the day after Christmas. We headed over to Jo & Bodie's once again for a fabulous traditional Christmas meal complete with dressing, sweet potato casserole, spinach madeline, prime rib, turkey, ham, hominy casserole, and so many other things I can't even think of to list!!


This afternoon, Eric's entire family came over to our house for another Wilkerson gathering.. We had red beans & rice complements of my Mom & lots of other goodies that his siblings brought along! Fun time to just relax & visit..
If this isn't a "you caught me" look then I don't know what is!! haha!


I'd say Christmas 2009- Hudson's first Christmas- was definitely a success!!! I hope you all enjoyed great time with your family & kept the spotlight on the true reason for the season!!

No comments: