background

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Our little man is here!

We are in love!!! Our sweet boy arrived on Tuesday, June 30 at 9:44 am via c-section. We think he is just perfect & so beautiful! The birth is not what I call ideal, but the result sure is! :-)

We checked into the hospital on Sunday night at midnight to start the induction. By Monday at 5pm, after being on pitocin all day, I was still not dialated at all. The dr came by & said we could take a couple of hours break, eat dinner, shower, and start the process over. In the meantime, we would schedule a c-section for 10am the next Tuesday morning, in case I still did not make any progress by then. They took me off all the meds & we ate dinner, then they started everything back aroun 9:30 on Monday night. At 1:30 am, my water broke, but I still was not dialated! But boy oh boy did the contractions come. It was an awful night... They could not give me the epidural since I was not dialated. So I had contractions with no relief for about 5 hours. Finally about 6:30am, I was dialated enough to get the epidural. Relief! After a little while, Hudson's heartrate began dropping some, and since I was still only dialated to 3cm after 30 hours, we all decided it was time to go ahead with the c-section.

He arrived at 9:44am & came out crying! He was a healthy 8lbs & 21 inches long!


Shortly after leaving recovery & being moved to the post partum wing, I began bleeding. My uterus did not clamp down as it should have & I began having lots of clotting in my abdomen. It was very scary.. The dr came back to the hospital & removed all of the clots.. That solved the problem but I had lost lots of blood so that was not good. For the next couple of days I think I just didn't realize how bad I felt. Going from the hospital bed to the bathroom would cause me to be out of breath because of the blood loss. My resting heart rate was in the 130's & 140's b/c of the lack of blood. We were set to be discharged on Friday, but when the dr came in that morning, (Dr Wilson b/c Dr Lebleu was out of town) he said- I know you want to go home, but I can't send you home like this. Your blood level is dangerously low & that heartrate will cause major problems if not taken care of. He said I needed to receive 2 units of blood & that by Saturday, I should be good to go home. So that is what we did & I am so glad. I can't imagine coming home feeling like I felt. Getting that blood made me SO much better. I am still kind of weak & tire easily, but my blood will continue to "grow" on its own. Hopefully in a few weeks I'll be getting back to normal.

So that is the birth story!

Now for the good stuff! Hudson is the sweetest baby! I just love him so much. He has done really well at home so far. He was about 5 days old before he really opened both of his eyes & looked around! He is still not doing that often, but we are getting to see them more frequently each & every day! Eric has been AMAZING! Seriously, I couldn't ask for more. He has done equal to, if not more, than I have. Hudson is very blessed to have him as his Daddy. And I am so blessed to be experiencing this with him.

Here are some pictures from Hudson's first week!!























6 comments:

Anonymous said...

yea!!!

lindsey said...

He is just SOOO precious!! I really think he looks like you! Your labor story is pretty wild (!), but I am so thankful that you are home and doing well! We will have to arrange a lil play date this fall :).

Heather Patterson said...

I'm so excited!!! I can't wait to see you!! LOVE YOU!!

The Tylers said...

He is just precious!! Glad youthat dr. didn't let you go home...abd things can happen when your bp is low! But glad everything is OK now. You look great and hope you are sleeping when the baby sleeps for now:). Congrats Emery!!!

Tiffany and Joe said...

Wow! I had no idea that you had to go through all that! Must have been scary and I'm sorry that you felt bad! I called a left EC a message while you were at the hospital but didn't hear back...now I know why! I am so thankful that everything worked out good and that you are ok...If I would have known what was going on, I would have prayed for you!! Sounds like God worked it all out though and now you have an amazing little boy! I am so happy for you and EC! I will be in town next weekend - Friday through Monday so let me know if you are up for a visit then...Love y'all!

Jennifer said...

We are so happy for you. Hudson is beautiful. We defiantly need to get together. Take care and enjoy your little angel.
Jennifer,Peter, and JP