
So.... I went to my first Zumba class today! Actually, I think it was Ruston's first Zumba class also! A great girl named Abril is here from out of the country while her husband completes his PhD at Tech. From what I learned today, she has a long history in all sorts of dancing & wanted to offer Zumba classes here. She has teamed up with RPAR to offer them at the Rec Center. Today was a free introductory class to see if there was interest... Needless to say, lots of women were excited about it! I'd say there were at least 30 people there & all ages were represented. Now let me just say... I am not a dancer... And neither were most people there, so I didn't feel so bad! :-) I'm sure it would be quite entertaining to be a fly on the wall, but I really enjoyed it! It was a good workout and it was fun! Those that attended today got to help decide when the classes would be offered & fortunately we talked them into offering it 3 days per week!! Can't wait! I'm also excited that Stroller Strides will be offered in the evenings in my neighborhood!! This will be great because I can take Hudson with me! He can have fun outside with me & I can workout without feeling guilty for leaving him once I'm home from work! Maybe these 2 opportunities are just what I needed to get off my bum & get to working on this baby weight... I can't just sit around forever!!! I am ready for change! If you're interested in either of these classes, let me know! I'll fill you in on the info that I have. You don't know what you're missing! :-)





1 comment:
oh honey...LOVE me some zumba!!! absolute BEST workout i've ever had!
Post a Comment