Well, Hudson collected his first trophy this weekend!! I'm sure his Papa hopes this is the first of many to come!! Barnes Photography sponsors the annual Diaper Derby in conjunction with the Ruston Peach Festival! There are several different age groups & Hudson won his after 3 races! The first 2 he crawled but on the 3rd & final race for the WIN he decided to get up & walk/run to the finish! His Daddy was at the beginning with him & his Papa was waiting for him at the finish line! I have to tell this funny story... My Dad decided to bring a little rubber soccer ball that Hudson likes to play with. Well, really he likes ANY kind of ball. In the 2nd race, Hudson was racing against my friend Jill Myers little boy Will. My dad said it was pretty obvious that Hudson was going towards Will's basketball instead of our soccer ball! Will probably would have won the race but he went off the mat & unfortunately that mean they are disqualified. Well before I even knew it, my Dad asked Jill & Bob after the race if he could use their basketball for the next race! Isn't that hilarious?! Jessie asked me if I get my competitive streak from my Dad.... I think we all know the answer to that after this story! ha! Here are a few pictures from the race! (Hudson's Nana (Eric's Mom) was here with us too! I hate I didn't get one of her with Hudson!)
Wife to Eric, Mama to Hudson & Harper, daughter & sister to wonderful parents & a fantastic older brother. Eric & I have been married since September 24, 2005. We are the proud parents of two beautiful children- Hudson born in 2009 & Harper born in 2012. Life is busy but we always find time to laugh & have fun!
2 comments:
Yay for Hudson! I think he gets his athletic ability honestly!!
This is the cutest thing EVER!!! Oh, I am super competitive myself so I can relate to your dad! ha
Post a Comment