background

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Vacations....

I'm still not done sorting through our Destin trip last week.. So I thought I would follow Brittany's lead & highlight our vacations since we've been married! We will be celebrating 5 years in 3 months & have really had some fun traveling! I hope we are always able to do this!

2005- Cabo San Lucas- Our honeymoon!
This was an amazing vacation & we stayed at a FABULOUS resort. My best friend from high school, Beverly, has wonderful parents who offered for us to stay at their condo in Cabo. It was like a dream!!! Very very nice!


2006- Destin, Florida
We had a great time in Destin, just the two of us! We played on the beach, went shopping, and ate at some great restaurants!


2007- (July)- Riviera Maya, Mexico
OH.MY.GOSH. This was so much fun!! This was our first "all inclusive" vacation & let me tell you.. That was awesome! We loved not having to carry money around, eating wherever & whenever we wanted, etc.. This was a fairly new resort so everything was in great condition! They had all kinds of restaurants to choose from so we picked a different one each night! The beach was beautiful & all the pools were amazing!

Steakhouse at the resort.

Private beach at our resort.

2007- (September)- New York City
I had begun playing tennis in early 2007, so we decided we wanted to go to the US Open! It is held in Flushing Meadows right outside of the city. It is over a 2 week period, one of which happens around the Labor Day weekend. We made a long weekend of it & had a ball! The Open is amazing. The atmosphere is like nothing I have ever attended, and unlike any sporting event I had ever been to. Of course NYC was awesome, too! I had been as a child but this was Eric's first trip. As much of a small town guy as he is, he LOVED New York. We would love it if this could be an annual trip.

Top of Empire State Building at 1 a.m.


2008- (June)- Destin, Florida
Of course we had to make our way back to Destin! This time we went with Eric's mom & 2 of our nieces, Caitlyn & Camryn. We only stayed 4 days but still had a great time.


2008- (September)- New York City
I told you we loved NY & the US Open!! We couldn't stand it & we went back again!!!!! This time our friends Jeremy & Tara Magee went with us & it was such a fun trip to spend with friends!! They don't play tennis, but were excited about going to the Open. The whole weekend was great! We stayed at an amazing boutique hotel which was much different from the year before. Can't wait to go back again!

2009- HUDSON was our vacation!!!
I got to take 9 weeks off of work with him & that is something I wouldn't trade for a million bucks!!


2010- Destin, Florida (YES AGAIN!)
I know.. You see a trend here don't you?

3 comments:

The Tylers said...

What a great idea! We have been to many of those places too but not all of my pictures are on this computer so I'll just reminisce through your pictures;)....glad y'all had some great vacations. Now that you have Hudson those trips take on a new meaning and the older he gets the more FUN those vacations become!!!

The Tylers said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kathryn said...

Love all of the vacation picures. We did Riviera Maya for our HM and it was FABULOUS! Also did NYC which we loved. This year is Disney....can't wait!