background

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Making our menu

On Sunday, I typically write out a menu for the next weeks worth of dinners... I love to cook, so this is always a fun task & I love trying new things. Going to the grocery store, though, is not my favorite part of it! I'm always looking for new recipes & I prefer trying things I find on peoples blogs v/s randomly selecting out of cookbooks. So if you have anything good & exciting to try, send me a link or comment & let me know! I've tried several items from Kelly's Korner Recipe Blog as well as some from Messy Aprons!

This week we will be having the following entrees, in no particular order:

-Texas Caviar Casserole
-Chicken Enchilada Soup
-Mexican Pile Up
-Crunchy Hot Chicken Salad from Joanna's blog!

And I'm planning to make some chicken salad to have around for lunch.

I'll be waiting to hear from some of ya'll with some good recipes!

3 comments:

melanie, aka Mo said...

Emery. SOrry to say this. But I HATE IT! I am already looking for plan B! I have had them at home since birth, but we pay hourly and it is just TOO much! If you know of a young adult, college kid (MWF) who could come to my house, I am cool and laid back to work for! But I already want them OUT of that daycare! Gabbi has a cruddy nose first week. My kids NEVER get sick! And supposed to be 6 at home, showed up and there was 12! Apparently, there are 6 "Plus my grandson" and 4 more will be dropped off daily after school. ANNNND, she takes drop ins by the day. NOt what I bargained for! And, get this... of the 11 (on a regular basis), my two are the ONLY girls. NOT COOL! I thought they'd enjoy the socialization, but with all boys they don't really get any (share purses, bracelets etc. kind!) Sorry if this was totally one sided. I would try it again somewhere else!

Lindsey said...

Have you tried my Italian Casserole? It is so good as leftovers and Bennett loves it. I am always looking for something easy for a week night meal!

lindsey said...

All of these sound delish!!! You will have to share the texas caviar casserole recipe...sounds familiar, but I just can't place what it is! ha

Okay, I tried the pioneer woman's grilled chicken lemon pasta recipe last week, and oh my goodness...wonderful!!! It's so simple, but the flavors are awesome. My only change was that I halved the amount of pasta so that we would have more sauce...or you could just keep the pasta at a pound and double the sauce...we like things juicy! It was sooo good!! I made it after hearing two other friend bloggers talking about it!