A couple of things I want to remember...
If Eric gets Hudson out of his bed in the morning & they go to the living room to play while I am getting ready for work, I hear Hudson calling "Mommy, Mommy, Mommy" over & over looking for me & it makes my heart smile!! I'm smiling right now thinking about his sweet little voice!
Last night, Hudson got the cordless phone off of our end table & I asked him to put it back. He brought it to me & said "G?" (G is what he calls my brother, his Uncle Gavin) I said, "Do you want to call G?" Hudson said "Yeah!" (we're working on yes ma'am!)
So I called Gavin & told him what was going on & put the phone to Hudson's ear. Hudson started smiling real big & shouted, "HI, G!" And then he giggled & repeated "G!" a few times. It was so darn cute!!! That is the first time I've heard him say a name behind Hi. Typically it is just hi/hey.
Usually, we give Hudson his bath right before bed, but sometimes if he is really messy after dinner, we will go ahead & give him a bath early & let him play in his pajamas. One night this week, I took him to the bath around 6:45. I put his pj's on & brought him to the living room so we could play for a while. He obviously had no intentions of playing & was very ready for sleep!He started stomping around, pointing to his room & saying "Nite nite!" He was very emphatic about it! Needless to say, he was in bed around 7 that night & went straight to sleep! Life is tough for a busy 18 month old! :-)
We'd had a neighbor cat coming to visit our backyard pretty regularly, so one of Hudson's favorite things to do now is run to the windows that overlook the backyard & yell "cat!" It's pretty disappointing when he can't seem to find the cat!
The Backyard Project
2 weeks ago





No comments:
Post a Comment