background

Friday, February 4, 2011

4 days & counting...

4 days that the stomach virus has been around our house & yes, it is still not over. MISERABLE!!!! I am really aggravated at this point & so ready for our family of three to be back to normal! Poor Hudson is the one it is lingering with... Have any of your children ever had it last for several days? I'm used to 2 days & being over! His has been really strange. He woke up Tuesday morning at 3:30am with it in full force. He threw up until noon the next day & then it stopped. (Trip to the dr that morning) He went about 12 hours okay with no vomiting, and then that night he woke up about midnight throwing up. So we clean him up & he goes back to sleep. Goes ALL day the next day acting fine with no sickness.... Until that night about midnight again & he throws up again... Repeat this the last 2 nights & that has been his situation. Poor little fella. Oh, and in the midst of all of this, I got the virus on Wednesday night & was sick all day Thursday. Then Eric gets the virus on Thursday night & has been sick all day today. Meanwhile, Hudson has thrown up several times today so it seems to be back in full force. I totally don't understand at all. We've been keeping a close eye on his hydration & trying to take precautions so that he does not dehydrate. We'll be making another trip back to the dr in the morning. This is just getting absurd!! Tomorrow will be day #5 for the poor guy! And I've used 3 of my 5 sick days that are supposed to last for the ENTIRE YEAR!! And it is February 4! Seriously. What am I going to do?
Please pray that this ends SOON & that we all get back to 100%. And please tell me that somebody else has encountered this lasting several days like this with their little one?

P.S. If any of you were planning on coming to the Rags Land party, I will not be there with our germs, so no worries!! Rebecca has everything ready & waiting so please stop by her house tomorrow from 10-12!

2 comments:

The Tylers said...

Jake had a bad stomach bug last for seven days last May. It was awful, and that's an understatement. Be sure to watch for dehydration. Thinking of y'all!!

Hillary Willeford said...

Reynolds had it for a week when he was 9 months old...just like Hudson, he'd go for a whole day with no vomitting and then it would start back up. The tough thing about a virus is that the sicker they are, the faster it passes.
I love you guys so much and I'm praying for a quick and speedy recovery.