I realize that people don't enjoy reading blogs that are only updated every few months, but I'm going to continue to update every so often when I have a second just to preserve sweet memories of my precious one. I have loved Hudson so much since the day he was born, but that love just continues to grow! He does things every day that make me so proud I feel like my heart is bursting at the seams! He is the most enthusiastic child I have every been around, and that word enthusiastic represents so many of his little actions! (or big actions!) He goes 110% ALL THE TIME. Seriously, never slows down. Someone asked me the other day if he ever walked anywhere. Ummmmm. NO. He is full speed ahead. And yes, it can be exhausting at times, but I am so thankful that he is so full of life & taking so many things in. He has been talking for a long time, saying many single words, repeating words that he hears, etc. But the past month, his language has exploded into sentences. It is amazing. Some of it we still can't understand, but a lot of it we can & it amazes me. Seeing how his little brain works is unbelievable. Children are SPONGES! And they are watching & listening to everything. Positive role models are so important from such a young age!
We have had a busy few months & it doesn't look like thigns will slow down any time soon! We've got birthday parties to attend every weekend, vacation coming up very soon, summer school starting for me, another round of Body Back, etc. Life is busy, but oh so fun!
A few Hudson-isms!
- His favorite sentence- "I want to go OUTSIDE! Let's play!"
- This morning while I was getting ready, I turned on Elmo in our bedroom & let Hudson climb up in my bed to watch. I kissed him & started to head into the bathroom to get ready & he patted the bed beside him & said "Sit down, Mommy." MELT MY HEART! I sat down regardless of my time schedule. And he cuddled up next to me to watch Elmo. I lay there wishing I could bottle that moment up!
- He is doing really well saying "Thank you Mommy" unprompted. I'm so proud! He still has to be reminded to say please, but "chank chu Mommy" comes out pretty often! :-)
- Our neighbors have a race car parked in the their driveway & Hudson is obsessed with talking about it & looking at it. He is also obsessed with motorcycles & bicycles & points them out by name every time we see one. How do boys have that built in radar?
-Last weekend I was cleaning out my closet & Hudson was just playing around while I was doing that. I noticed he was struggling to reach something up on our armoire. He was on tippy toes really lunging to reach. Then he turned around & walking into my bathroom. Didn't think much about it. Well, little smarty pants remembered that there was a box in there. He made a beeline from the armoire to the box, picked it up & took it to the armoire. He placed it exactly where he needed it & then stepped on it to reach what he wanted. Pretty good reasoning, huh?! I was impressed with that thought process.
-He can count to ten, although he does not like to do it when prompted.
-The other day I was doing my Body Back workout at home & Hudson thought it was HILARIOUS! He was cracking up so loud at me. When I was doing "high knees" he started dancing around doing his version of maniac feet. SO funny! Wish I had a video!
- He says Nanny & Reynolds every time we pass their street! How does he know that?!
-He asks for yogurt & chocolate milk more than anything.
This is SUCH a fun age! It can be very trying sometimes but the good far outweighs the bad. The bad you ask? Hudson is very strong willed & has a mind of his own. And he does not forget things... Anything! The other day I said he was hard headed & Eric said- well, he didn't get that from you because you still have yours! lol. I think he could have gotten that hard head from several people. :-)
I love you, Hudson!! More than you will ever know. Being your Mommy is so much fun & so rewarding!








3 comments:
a new post, a new header pic AND a new background...all in one day! is hell freezing over?!?! love you! :)
The TRUE sign of intelligence is problem solving---such as "The Box". You have a smart boy there! Your primary mission field-is OBVIOUSLY recognized by you and Your Little Nugget is responding to your love and attention!
ok...when I read the part about Nanny and Reynolds house, I started crying! I love you guys.
Post a Comment