background

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Paci be gone!

Well, something I've been dreading has come & gone without a blink. (Or at least I think it is gone. Maybe I should wait a few days to write this post!) I'll preface this with the fact that Hudson only got his paci in his crib. It's been a sleep thing for at least a year. He doesn't even use a paci at nap time at daycare. Only at home when he sleeps. Explain that one to me??

Eric & I had talked about when we would take the paci away & kind of just said "later this summer." Well, the opportunity presented itself on Saturday so we just went with it.

Over the past 2-3 weeks, Hudson has been playing a "game" with us at bedtime. Hudson is the child who tells you "night-night" & goes to bed without a fuss. ALL the time. You put him in his crib & leave the room & that's that. Well, the past couple of weeks, he's been throwing everything out of his crib & then calling & screaming for us until we go in there & put it all back in his crib. Pillow, blanket, paci's, etc. He did this two times before he would finally lay down & go to sleep. And each time we would go in there, he would dive into his mattress, giggle & roll all around. Clearly, he thought it was funny. So, Saturday night I decided that enough was enough & that I was not going in there if he threw everything out. After about 45 minutes "crying it out" he finally went to sleep WITHOUT a paci & he slept all night WITHOUT the paci. So Sunday nap time came & we decided to just keep it up & see what happened. He cried for a little while & went on to sleep for a 2.5 hr nap. Sunday night & Monday night he cried for a little while & went to sleep. All the while continuing to sleep all night. Tonight....... NO CRYING! He just went right down.

I am still kind of shocked. I was so worried that he would wake up multiple times during the night, etc. when he couldn't find the paci. But, so far so good! Hopefully this phase is behind us!! And hopefully this means potty training will be way better than I am expecting as well!! (Whenever the time comes. We are not there yet.)

Can you believe my baby will be TWO next week?!

No comments: