background

Saturday, August 6, 2011

My 30th birthday!

Let me just say that I have the best family & friends!!! I’m pretty sure I could put my group up against anybody’s & win! Smile

My 30th bday was on June 3.  That was a Friday. Eric was going to be working in our yard doing our new landscaping all day that Friday, so he & I made plans to go out & celebrate on Saturday night. My friends were taking me out on Friday. Nobody would tell me what we were doing & I was okay with that! Just going with the flow! (I know that is a shock! I’m usually the one that likes to be in control & in the know!) They told me to be ready at 4:30 on Friday afternoon & somebody would come & pick me up!
So, Nicola showed up to get me & off we went! First stop…. Jessie’s house for a Paint Party! It was SO much fun!!! I loved it & we all said we wanted to do it again! They had fixed the most yummy snacks & put out cute “30” decorations! Thanks ya’ll for doing all that for me!!

454453

455

459

471

And… little did I know, the night didn’t stop there!! After we finished painting, we loaded up & headed West! About the time we took Pierremont Road exit off 49 in Shreveport, I was pretty sure we were headed to Superior!! I hadn’t said anything, but about the time Hillary started stressing out because she couldn’t see the car we were following, I told her to keep going straight & take a right at the light…. She looked at me & started laughing! “Do you know where we are going?!” lol! I told her I was pretty sure we were going to Superior at that point!

So, as we are walking up to the restaurant, Jessie tells me that I need to go in first. I look at her like she is crazy, but proceed. I walk in & there are most of our better halves! We had such a fun  night!!! My first surprise party every & they pulled it off! The icing on the cake was all of the mexican waiters bringing out a Strawn’s pie & singing happy birthday to me! It was HILARIOUS as they sang “shake it mamacita.” I was so embarrassed! We all laughed a ton! Isn’t that when memories are made?! Love my hubby & my girls! Thanks Jessie, Hillary, Sheree, Nicola & Tara for planning this with Eric!!

476462464470

2 comments:

The Tylers said...

How fun!! Blessed you are Emery!!

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Oh, my, to be 30 again! I can't even remember being 30. :o) What a fun evening and I know it made you feel very special.

Thanks for your sweet words concerning my Dad. It is just a tough journey that I hope you never have to take. Blessings!