background

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Baby sister

Baby sister does have a name… I’m not sure why I have failed to announce it on the blog. Probably because my attempt at blogging lately has been pretty pitiful.

EmeryNA4 (3)

We struggled for a while with names. We really wanted to use another H name, but there just were not a lot of H names that we felt fit our baby girl & our family. We decided on Harper & then the struggle for a middle name ensued. We narrowed it down to Harper Lee & Harper Frances pretty quickly. Lee is my middle name, my grandmothers middle name,  (On my Dad’s side.) and also the middle name of the lady I called Grandmother as a child. She was very special to my family & since I did not have living grandparents, she filled that role. Although I love the name Lee & liked how it sounded with Harper, it bothered me that Harper Lee is the name of the To Kill a Mockingbird author… And also, I just really wanted to use something from my Mom’s side of the family. We used Charles as Hudson’s middle name which is from Eric’s family. Frances is my mom’s first name, her mother’s first name & her great grandmother’s name as well. So our Harper Frances will be the fourth carrying on the Frances name. My mom does not go by Frances & dropped it when she married, but it is still her name & therefore special to me. Smile

I had my growth ultrasound about 2 weeks ago & baby girl is doing great! They approximated her weight at 4 lbs 13 oz when I was just 31 weeks & 4 days… Big girl! I was just so glad to see that everything looked great & she was healthy. (And that she was still a girl since we have a pink room!) My blood pressure has been pretty good this pregnancy. Dr Lebleu just keeps saying that she is watching me for any sign of a problem due to my history, but this time it’s not spiked out of control. Today I went for my 34 week check up & to everyone’s surprise, my blood pressure was the BEST that it has been this ENTIRE pregnancy! I was so pumped & Dr LeBleu was pretty thrilled, too! Yippee! It’s kind of nice to be a “normal” ob patient & go back in 2 weeks for my 36 weeks check up… With Hudson, I started going once & twice weekly at this point… We don’t have an official scheduled c-section date with the hospital yet, but if things keep going well, it will likely be on Friday, March 23 when I am 39 weeks. That is only FIVE weeks from tomorrow! I can’t believe it!

2 comments:

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Oh, Emory, I LOVE the name and why you are naming her that. I love "matching" names, that's why we have a Brandon and a Bridget. :o) So, so happy for you and Eric!

The Morrows said...

I just found your blog through someone else's. I am 26 weeks pregnant and we have the same OB!! Small world!
Love your little girls name! Good luck!
Im a new follower!