background

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Hudson's first trip!

Well we made it! With lots of baby stuff in tow, but we did it! Last week Eric was out of town on business & my brother, Gavin, had been begging me to bring Hudson to see him before I went back to work... So, this was the perfect opportunity since we would have been home without Daddy! Off to Dallas we went!

Loaded Down! Two strollers, pack n plays, etc!

I asked my friend Lindsey if she & her little one wanted to join us & off we went! Lindsey's best friend lives in Dallas so she stayed with her while we stayed with Gavin.
The boys did so great traveling! Even with a stop in Tyler to feed the boys, we made it to downtown Dallas in 4 hours. Pretty good with two babies under the age of 1!!
That night we all went to dinner at a mexican joint in Las Colinas. Who later came in & sat RIGHT beside us? Troy Aikman! Yep, we enjoyed that! :-)
Gavin definitely had Hudson's attention!

Afterwards, Lindsey & I headed to a huge consignment sale in Plano. April was so sweet & helped us get in on the pre-sale night!! We were so excited & extremely grateful to April! I had not seen her in so long and even though it was only for a few minutes, it was great!
Both Lindsey & I ended up with some items that we knew would not have been there the next day had we waited & gone then... Extra car seat & base, another extra base, books, toys, highchair, etc..
The next day Gavin, Hudson & I did a little shopping.. Hudson was the PERFECT shopper. This age is pretty easy for that- he sleeps all the time in the car seat! I know this will get harder! :-)
That night, we were pretty worn out so we ordered in pizza & rented movies on the tv.. Fun, relaxing night! Hudson & I really enjoyed being with Uncle Gavin!! Thanks for entertaining us & chauvering us around the metroplex!
I'd say he had a pretty fun trip, huh?


First time in pack n play!

3 comments:

Heather Patterson said...

yay for good shoppers! keep it up and he'll get use to it like Tucker!!!
Love ya!

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Bridget can certainly relate to traveling with a little one. She makes that "treck" from Oklahoma to Bastrop and needs a U-Haul. :) Looks like you handled it like a trooper and so did Hudson.

Tiffany and Joe said...

AWW...you were in Dallas and didn't tell me :( So sad...would have been great to see you and Hudson...glad you had fun though!