background

Sunday, January 2, 2011

vacation....

Tonight ends my 12 day vacation.... It has been a w.o.n.d.e.r.f.u.l. almost 2 weeks! Seldom do I take vacation time at work to just stay home. Typically all my vacation days are used up with traveling, etc. This year we did take our annual week long beach trip to Destin back in June & I took a day off here & there, but was so thrilled when I realized I had 5 vacation days left! Because the office was closed on Christmas Eve & New Years Eve, it worked out perfectly for me to take off the day before Christmas Eve & not have to return to work until January 3! Spending this extra time with my sweet Hudson as well as sweet husband has been great & so relaxing! Other than Christmas festivities, we didn't have anything planned! I was able to play with Hudson all morning, go to the gym every day during his nap time while Eric stayed home with him, and piddle around all afternoon with him. We had playdates with some of my stay at home mommy friends, we did a little shopping, we went to his 18 month well baby visit, we went for strolls in the neighborhood during the middle of the day, we had lots of visits with YaYa & Poppa, we stayed in our pajamas for a long time & ate our snacks in front of the tv. Eric & I rented 3 movies & actually watched all of them. (usually we return at least 1 not watched) All of the above happenings were bliss! I am so blessed to have a wonderful job to go to, but am so thankful for this time off!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

well i for one am GLAD to have you back at work! it was hard not talking all day long for a solid week! but i'm glad you enjoyed your time off!

Lora said...

I'll just bet your Mom & Dad enjoyed your time off as much as you did! Happy New Year!

lindsey said...

Glad you had some good time off and a great Christmas! Hudson is way too cute!!

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

So glad you had such a nice "stay cation." They can sometimes be the best kind. I'm sure it made going back to work a lot easier.

Blessings to you, Eric and Hudson during 2011.