Over at Messy Aprons they are doing a series called Cooking Through Life. This week they are featuring breakfast foods. This is the first recipe that comes to mind that is definitely ones of our favorites. Lets just call it..... Cream cheese & sausage rolls or cream cheese & sausage casserole. You can do it 2 different ways & both are FABULOUS! Whenever I take it places people always rave & ask for the recipe. It was passed down to me from another friend years ago!
Ingredients:
1 8oz block of cream cheese
1 roll of Jimmy Dean HOT sausage
1 poblano pepper
3 cans of crescent rolls
Brown the sausage with the diced poblano in there. Once meat is brown, drain it & add the block of cream cheese. Stir until you have a creamy mixture.
*For the rolls- you will take an individual crescent roll & put a spoon full of the mixture in the middle of the fat portion. Then fold in the corners & roll up to the skinny end. Pinch around all the edges to seal. Do this will all 3 cans. You will have 24 fabulous stuffed rolls!
*For the casserole- just take a 9x13 baking dish. Unroll the can of crescent rolls & just lay in the bottom of the dish. Spread the mixture evenly on top. Then top the mixture with another can of crescent rolls. You may have to pull & pinch to get it to cover the entire top.
Bake both of these for about 15 minutes, just until the top is brown.
Enjoy!! You will thank yourself for making this! :-)
The Backyard Project
2 weeks ago





3 comments:
I am always excited to get easy and good recipes. I will definitely add this to my collection. Thanks!
How have I never heard of these?!! Will be making these asap!! Sound wonderful!
This sounds delicious! I think I will try this weekend!
Post a Comment