background

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy 4th of July!

And it's not over yet!! I am so excited to have tomorrow off work, too!!! Can't wait for a fun day at the pool & grilling with friends tomorrow afternoon!

Yesterday Eric, Hudson & I headed to Shreveport for the day. My friend from college, Tiffany, was in town at her parents with her baby boy, Keaton, so we went by to visit them & meet Keaton! I loved holding a little one! It made me sad that Hudson has gotten "big" so fast!! I can't hold him like that anymore.. Tear! Anyway, the rest of our day was spent doing a little shopping & eating a late lunch at our fave, Superior!!! Hudson was such a good sport. He went all day without a nap & didn't wine at all! Amazing! He fell asleep in the car leaving the Boardwalk before we even got onto the interstate!

We went to Bastrop this morning to see Eric's Grandmother & Mom. Eric's Mamaw hadn't seen Hudson since (I think) February so she was thrilled to see him! He was a handful while at the nursing home! But what's new!! He did let Mamaw hold him for a few minutes & then it was time to get down & explore!! He was out the door in no time & going up & down the hall talking & waving to each person we passed. We had lunch with Nana (Eric's mom) & then we headed home. Hudson napped in the car, so Eric I didn't get in any hurry to get home & drove through several neighborhoods just too ride & look. Before we built our house, riding & looking was our favorite past time to get ideas & such. It is really fun & we haven't done it in quite some time!



This afternoon I took Hudson swimming at Toma Lodge with our family's best friends. It was wonderful- perfect temps, cool water & not a lot of people. After Hudson had had enough of the water, he roamed around a bit with me following along with the camera. (and mainly to keep him away from the water's edge!)


Our day ended with YaYa & Papa coming over to eat dinner & make homemade ice cream!! Hudson & Papa manned the ice cream machine & boy was it tasty!!! YUM! And Hudson took a few spins in his Cozy Coupe! He loves that thing!



Hope you all enjoyed your weekend!! Happy 4th of July! I have to admit, this year is different when I think about the number of families that I personally know who have a husband or son currently deployed & fighting for our country's freedoms. It really puts our freedom into perspective. I cried reading about the young man from Monroe who was killed in Iraq this week & brought home to Monroe yesterday. So very sad for his family, but wow, they must be so proud of him!

Oh.. Isn't this a SWEET face?!

3 comments:

The Dugdale Family said...

I love that sweet sleeping picture of Hudson. So cute!

The Tylers said...

Ahhhh....memories I have of Toma Lodge! Great pics Emery!

Ava said...

Don't they all look so sweet when they are asleep!