Sorry, no pictures with this story! Just something I want to remember! Hudson went to “Big Church” for the first time tonight to watch our Children’s Christmas Musical. (If you’re my friend on facebook you’ve already heard the first part of this story) All the way to church, Hudson & I talked about going to big church & going into God’s House, aka the sanctuary. I wanted him to understand he wasn’t going to the nursery like every other time we go to church. We talked about sitting on the pew, no running around, being as quiet as possible, etc. He asked “where is God’s House” when I told him that’s where we were going. I told him that God’s house was where we went to learn about God & worship him. So, we get there & walk in. Literally as we walk through the doors into the sanctuary, he looks up at me & asks “Mommy, where is God? We’re in God’s house?” Such a sweet spirit!
Now, although he was REALLY good for a 2 1/2 year old to sit for a solid hour, there were a few funny moments that made Eric & I, as well as everyone else sitting around us, laugh out loud. There was a light out in the sanctuary (yes, way up there! He noticed!) so he talked about that light being out A LOT! It was really bothering him!! Then, our precious friends took their littlest one out (he wasn’t even being loud) & Hudson says loudly, “Where is that baby going?” He tried to sing along with Jingle Bells, he clapped & yelled “YAY!” He had a grand ole time. Then, our preacher makes a joke about the Dallas Cowboys game today & says jokingly “if you agree, say Amen.” Yep, you guessed it. Hudson shouts “AMEN!”





2 comments:
Sweet little guy! Love these sweet stories!
LOVED seeing him interact in BIG church... it's SO much fun watching them learn and act! :) He is a total cutie! :)
Post a Comment